Muswellbrook Visitor Information
Muswellbrook, New South Wales
Muswellbrook is a town located in the Upper Hunter region of New South Wales, Australia. It is situated about 243 km north of Sydney and has a population of around 12,500 people.
Things to See and Do
- Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre: This cultural center is home to a range of exhibitions and events throughout the year, including art exhibitions, concerts, and theatre performances.
- Hunter Belle Cheese: Cheese lovers will enjoy a visit to this local cheese factory, which offers tours and tastings of their delicious cheese products.
- Redbank Winery and Brewery: This winery and brewery offers visitors the chance to taste and purchase a range of local wines and beers, as well as enjoy a meal in their restaurant with views of the surrounding vineyards.
- Lake Liddell: This popular spot for fishing and picnicking offers stunning views of the lake and surrounding hills, as well as walking trails for those who want to explore the area further.
- Muswellbrook Golf Club: Golf enthusiasts can enjoy a round at this picturesque 18-hole golf course, which is open to visitors.
Getting to Muswellbrook
Muswellbrook is located on the New England Highway, which makes it easily accessible by car or bus from Sydney, Newcastle, and other nearby towns. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, which is about 1.5 hours' drive from Muswellbrook.
Where to Stay
There are several accommodation options in Muswellbrook, including hotels, motels, and bed and breakfasts. Some of the most popular options include:
- The Remington Motor Inn: This motel offers comfortable rooms and a range of amenities, including a swimming pool and restaurant.
- Noah's Mid City Motor Inn: This motel is centrally located and offers modern rooms with free Wi-Fi and parking.
- Hermitage Motel: This motel offers spacious rooms and a range of amenities, including a swimming pool and barbecue area.
When to Visit
Muswellbrook can be visited year-round, although the best time to visit is during the spring or autumn months, when the weather is mild and pleasant. The summer months can be hot and humid, while the winter months can be cold and rainy.
Overall, Muswellbrook is a charming town with plenty to offer visitors. Whether you're interested in art and culture, food and wine, or outdoor activities, you're sure to find something to enjoy in this lovely part of New South Wales.